Assalam, hi, anneyonhaseyo, konnichiwa and sawatdikap! So..Umm..I don’t know where to begin…I have so much to say and I don’t know if anybody cares about it or not…but I thought I should offer my explanation for not posting anything in a while by writing a post for the coming year. So, first of all happy new year! May God help you in achieving all your rightful aims and wishes!
Where to begin?? I think I should first thank the people who followed me during my hibernation period 😛 @christiannamony @lauramariewriter @Pakbazaar @softkittypurpurpur
Here are few of the things I did last year;
- I graduated (well almost since we didn’t have a graduation ceremony)
- Maybe I am sharing this for the first time but I am competing for a gold medal in bachelors (though I cant say something for sure because my competitor and I have same CGPA I think…She is a very good friend of mine and is also a blogger @meena114)
- I actually prepared and presented a dissertation. Working in lab was amazing. Love chemistry (I also follow chemistry lovers on facebook :-D) The routine was quite hectic during the thesis!
- I did not read any novels.
- I made many new friends.
- I learned how to party in a chemistry lab :-D.
- I learned that sealing the lid of soft drink bottles with parafilm can help keeping the drink fresh :-D. One of my most favorite things in lab.
- In this year, I shifted from American and Indian shows to Thai dramas and then to Korean dramas and other thingies. I love Korean culture because its a little bit similar to Pakistani culture.
- I tried to learn some Thai and Korean. Hmm, I think I can do some basic stuff.
- I have also started reading webtoons!
- I cooked for others and became head home cleaner :-P.
- Ah..This list wont end!
- Oh, how can I forget I took admission in the same university as before for doing M. Phil in Environmental Sciences (chemistry)
- and that for the first I found a world famous celebrity with the same birth day/month/year as mine. As you may have guessed I was super excited and the testing for similar personality began!I was also going to mention the goals I have for 2018, but I think the readers might get bored.
So, that’s all. Thank you, xiexie, khop kun kha and gumabsabneida for reading this post!
P.S: Reading subtitles has ruined my english. These days I say things like “Don’t remember. Long ago.” Huh! Also, I feel like a kid today. I know its a very childish post.
Serve with french fries or pasta and enjoy!!
I think this infographic summarises it all.
So, in my last post, I asked you for your suggestions at Need Suggestions Please (about shoes)! about whether or not to buy high boots. If you visit my previous post you’ll understand why I wanted suggestions. Thanks to the suggestion of milae, I was motivated to buy them. I ordered them online (my first online shopping experience) and they look awesome.
So, Alhamdulillah I fulfilled my dream!
P.S: Mehwish you’re right. I have bought them but still don’t know how I am going to wear them!
I wish to buy high boots but the issue is I don’t wear jeans at all. All my clothes have shalwars or trousers. And the length of the shirts are till knees or below.
So, there is a sale that will last till 12 AM today. My budget is limited I want them as cheap as possible. But these shoes are knee high.
How can I wear high boots on shalwar and palazzos????
Another option is to wait for offseason sale on ankle high boots.Please tell me what to do..
She entered her room hastily and closed the door. She couldn’t bear to listen to her parents’ conversation. Only because it conveyed her a message. The message that she was growing up. She couldn’t bear the mere thought of leaving her comfort zone. Her home. How could she go away from a brother who does nothing but love her? Who she loved so much. How could she go away from her sister with whom she shared every laugh, joke, and feeling? How could she get away from her mother who loved her above all else? A father who loved her no matter what. But this was essential. And was going to happen one way or another. It was going to happen someday. And she would have to accept it that day.
“I am sorry,” she said as if to put period to our long argument. But the look in her eyes. I had never seen it before. For a girl as gentle and kind as her, she looked vicious. Her eyes were focused right at me. There was an awkward stillness in them. She kept her eyes on me, her head a bit slanted, her arms crossed, as I reached the door. “I mean it,” she said, “I shouldn’t have hurt you.” I turned around feeling a bit of guilt in her voice, but all I saw was a ferocious animal with stone eyes. I reached for the handle. I knew her sorry was nothing but a formality. She would attack me again, whenever she deems it necessary. But I left the room hoping time would make her realize her mistake. As time, itself, is a great teacher…
Does it ever happen to you that you suddenly feel sad and lonely even if you are sitting in the middle of a crowd? You become distant from others? Your mind wanders and all you want to do is to look at something far away? Your voice suddenly lacks any emotions? You speak in a low tone, a lonely tone?
There are some days when I feel like it. Maybe that is why I love this picture so much. Maybe that is why I love autumn and lonely benches. Maybe that is why I want wind to breeze through me. Maybe that it why I love looking at the rain droplets running down my glass window.
But then I think. I look around me. Observe my life. Look at all the beautiful things God has blessed me with. Look at family, my uncles, my aunts, my friends. Look at those who love me, care about me, and can sacrifice everything for me. And suddenly realize that I have no legitimate reason to be unhappy. I shouldn’t be unhappy. I should be thankful to Allah for giving me whatever is best for me.