I love recipes that are simple and require no fancy ingredients. So, I made Russian salad by following this recipe for breaking fast. I would have posted some pics of my salad, but didn’t got the chance to do so.
My salad looked something like this.
1 cup carrots (boiled)
1 cup potatoes (boiled)
½ cup of peas (boiled)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp. castor sugar
½ tsp black pepper
4 tbsp. mayonnaise (heaped)
2 tbsp. cream
1 egg boiled
- Cut carrot into cubes and boil them. After they are boiled measure 1 cup of them.
- Similarly boil potatoes and peas. When boiled cut the potato into cubes. Measure 1 cup of them.
- Add all these boiled vegetables and cucumbers (cut into cubes) in bowl.
- Add sugar, pepper, cream, mayonnaise, and salt in it and mix.
- Use the boiled egg slices to decorate.
- You can also use salad leaves for garnishing.
Enjoy your yummy salad.
*You can also add apples if you like. I think fruits makes salads a lot more fun. You may use methods to present the salad in a better way. I mean you can try something like this.
Original recipe was by Shereen Anwar