My friend makes these delicious brownies and she often brings them to university for us. She shared the recipe with us on Facebook a couple of months ago. I tried out this recipe this week. The brownies turned out to be great. My family loved them. I hope if you’ll try making brownies using this recipe, you’ll love them.
I have taken this recipe from here.
- Maida or all purpose flour: 1 1/3 cup
- Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
- Sugar: 1 1/3 cup (Plz grind the sugar into fine powder before use. I know its silly but I always make this mistake)
- Oil: 1 cup
- Coco powder: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 1 cup
- Eggs: 2
1. Firstly, sift the all purpose flour or maida. Mix in the baking powder and the baking soda with the flour in a tray (to allow more air to enter into your flour mix) and set it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, separate the egg yolks and whites. Take the egg whites in a bowl and beat for about 15 minutes(or until the foamy white mixture does not drip off if you turn over the bowl). Then, add in the yolks and beat for another 5 minutes (a total beating of the egg mixture of 20 minutes)
In the egg mixture add the rest of the ingredients; sugar, oil, coco powder, and milk. Keep beating at medium speed.
Then, slowly add in the flour mixture, little by little. Turn off the beater and beat with a fork, to prevent the formation of ‘ghutlian‘ or lumps.
3. Transfer this brownie mixture into a bowl for heating in the microwave. Oil the bowl or dish and pour in the mix. Bake in the microwave for 8-9 minutes.
4. While the brownies are getting done, prepare the topping with a little bit of milk, using chocolate bar or cooking chocolate and nuts or bunties as per your own choice.
5. Dish the brownies out, slicing along the edges your dish with an oiled knife. Dish out and add the topping. Serve!
1 cup = 250 ml
1/3 cup = 5 tbsp + 1tsp